SUBMIT A FEATURE FILM PROJECT
To submit a project you need to :
- Comply with the eligibility criteria (see regulations)
- Fill in the online entry form
- Upload all the requested documents listed in the regulations
- Upload your previous films (fiction or documentary only) or fill in the viewing link
· All documents must be in French or in English
· Films that are not in English or in French must be subtitled (If not, a list of dialogues in English or in French must be provided). Subtitles must be integrated in to the image. Only fiction or documentary films will be screened by the selection committee.
Registration is closed for the March 2021 session.
Registration is now open for the 2021 fall session.
The deadline for registration is April 1, 2021.
Candidates will be informed of the preliminary jury’s decision in
The Festival Residence accommodates young foreign filmmakers not residing in France who have directed one or several short films, or even a first feature film, and who are working on a first (or second) feature film project (fiction only no animation).
Applicants must be under 40 years of age.
Co-directed projects are accepted, but if the project is selected, only one person will be invited to join the program. The choice of the person must be made at the time of registration.
Two sessions take place each year.
The duration of each session is of four-and-a-half months.
The filmmakers selected commit themselves to living at the Residence for the complete duration of the session.
Submission for the next selection - Session October 1, 2021 to February 15, 2022- are open until April 1st 2021 ((it is imperative that by this date the registration form has been completed and the download carried out).
To register a project it is mandatory to fill in the online registration form and upload the following documents :
- script or a 10 pages minimum treatment of your feature film project in progress at the moment of application
- intention note (artistic vision, and choice of the story statement)
- resume (Curriculum Vitae)
- copy of your passport
- your previous film (short or first feature) or a link for the viewing of your previous work.
The preliminary jury, that establishes the shortlist of potential candidates, is comprised of at least 3 personalities from the world of film. The preliminary jury examines applications and views the films that have been sent by applicants so as to establish the shortlist of candidates. The preliminary jury may establish a shortlist of up to 12 candidates and may decide some must be interviewed by the final jury. This hearing will take place by videoconference.
All candidates must be fluent in English or in French.
Except in the case of special dispensation the final jury comprises 5 members.
The jury examines the applications and watches the films of all the shortlist candidates. It evaluates the candidates according to the filmmaking qualities found in the films already made, the merit of the feature film project and the candidate's reasons for participating in the Residence's programme.
The jury designates the 6 selected candidates. Decisions are made according to relative majority of votes.
If any selected candidate in unable to participate in the session, the jury may replace them by another shortlist candidate.
To fill or consult your application, please use the online portal.
5, rue Charlot - 75003 Paris - France
Tel. : +33 (0) 1 53 59 61 20